The MVSA is a non-profit organization committed to promoting snowmobiling in the Methow Valley and aid in search and rescue missions, if needed.
But we don't just snowmobile. We are active in our local community, too. Here are some of the other things we do:
- Volunteer year around to measure snow for the U. S. Department of Agriculture
- Clear & repair forest service roads and trails
- Build warming huts and repair buildings
- Charity rides to support local needs within Okanogan County
- Provide local school scholarships
- Maintain a two mile stretch of Highway 20 west of Twisp in the Adopt-A-Highway litter control program
- Support Christmas at the End of the Road celebration in Winthrop by supplying boughs for decoration and operating warming barrels during the event
- Provide free Christmas dinner for over 120 people in our community
- Active member of the Washington State Snowmobile Association
- Communicate with Congressional Members regarding wilderness issues
- Promote our community and local businesses by providing groomed trails for visitors to use along with sponsoring weekly guided rides.
- Provide concessions at the Memorial Day Rodeo and Winthrop's '49er Days.
Feel free to join in on one of our weekend rides and meet members of the club. Lunch is on us!
Phone: Rich and Dolly Stahl at the Methow River Lodge & Cabins @ 509-996-4348.
Mail: MVSA, PO Box 67, Winthrop, WA 98862